For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is The Glebelands Centre, Greystoke Road, Ferring, BN12 5JL.
About this document
This privacy notice sets out the way we process your personal data and we’ve created this privacy notice to make sure you are aware of how we use your data as a visitor to our Centre.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for a booking
- From someone else who has applied for a booking on your behalf (for example a family member who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose)
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- Financial information, including Bank Details;
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making your booking.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express. More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of your Hall booking, including:
- sending you booking confirmation/correspondence;
- taking payment of booking fees;
- Storing your details on the software platform we use for our online booking system/management database.
- Displaying a paper copy of a bookings calendar on hall noticeboard.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we The Glebelands Centre, Greystoke Road, Ferring, West Sussex BN12 5JL, Company No: 7913364 need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a user of our Centre. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts.
- Booking related mailings such as your booking requests for the next year.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Post: The Glebelands Centre, Greystoke Road, Ferring, West Sussex BN12 5JL
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our Centre volunteers, for the purposes of administering your booking and giving you access to information regarding your booking.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most booking data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid booking(s) and for a period of one year after your last interaction with us.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
- by email:
- by telephone:
- or by post: The Glebelands Centre, Greystoke Road, Ferring, West Sussex BN12 5JL
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
This site is protected by Google reCaptcha to protect against spam.
Google reCaptcha Terms and Conditions
The Glebelands Centre are not responsible for the content of external websites.